Lean UX Requirements:
These are the first 6 slides of a large presentation on Lean UX and how to apply it in the government context.
- Focus on the problem being solved and get a small (8 to 10 people), matrixed team to produce the right outcomes;
- Create a designer’s toolkit to share with the product team;
- Share insights earlier;
- Create a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) to determine which ideas are valid; Ensure the voice of the citizen is incorporated throughout the product cycle; Combine Lean UX with Agile’s Scrum framework;
- Understand the organizational shifts necessary to integrate Lean UX;
- Begin with a process change for designers and product teams;
- Humility required; must acknowledge that our initial solutions are probably wrong;
- Everything is an assumption until proven by testing with citizens;
- Many sources of insight to continuously improve our thinking;
- Teams must be inclusive, collaborative and transparent; and,
- UX feedback loop with citizens: build-measure-learn.
Article by: Jonathan Rath